Womens Self-Defense Against Attackers
7 Surefire Self Defense Tips Criminals Want Women To Never Learn.
Self-defense tips for women. Are you at risk? What makes a woman a perfect target? Here are 7 ultimate techniques and weaknesses criminals who were interviewed look for to take advantage of you. These tips aren’t just for the busy holidays either. It’s all about keeping your awareness all year round. Follow these tips and you can protect yourself from becoming one of this year’s next statistics.
1. Coming up to my vehicle, did I look around – aware of who is near it? Am I walking my packages in a cart or carrying them in my hand? Criminals interviewed say they want to attack the woman who is walking alone and not aware of her surroundings. Always put shopping bags in a cart. This allows you ample time to react if someone is approaching you. If you’re carrying bags, this renders your hands useless to protect yourself and gives a criminal a bonus. Remember the buddy system. Late night shopping always needs to be a girl’s night out affair.
2. Are my keys already in my hand before leaving the store giving me self-defense protection? Again, awareness plays a huge part. Also, with a key in hand, it can be a terrific weapon if you’re suddenly grabbed.
3. Am I talking on the cell phone fixing my hair counting my change writing in the checkbook and not paying attention? Paying attention is the key. Take care of all that stuff in the store. NOT in the parking lot, or outside of the vehicle.
4. Is there anyone loitering around my vehicle if so, are they suspicious enough to making me go back into the store? Don’t think your being silly. NO SUCH THING. Especially when your safety is on the line. If you’re not comfortable with walking to your car, ask security to accompany you or if there isn’t security available, a store manager will do it it is their job. Thats what they are getting paid to do.
5. Is my vehicle in a well-lit area? Is it easily visible to passers-by? If I can’t see my car really well, who can? Criminals say they do not want to be noticed, recognized, or slowed down in any way. If you’re not easily seen by others at a mall or store, that makes you a perfect target for a criminal.
6. If I have automatic keyless entry, did I hit the unlock button twice making it easy for someone to get into my passenger side door? Get into the habit of opening just your driver’s side door. New technology is wonderful when you’re with others, loading packages, during the day. But, at night when your field of vision is limited, don’t take any chances. Criminals are hoping that you’ll make their job easier for them.
7. If I am approached by someone no matter how much help I need, it’s OK to turn them down. Remember, criminals will do and say anything they can to gain your trust. DONT FALL FOR IT!!! If a stranger wants to help you with your bags, tell them no, thank you. If they still insist, tell them no again. Criminal interviews revealed that they will try to play on a victim heartstring to get access to the vehicle, a purse, or for the vehicle keys – and move-in for the attack when trust is gained, and it’s at least expected.
If you are unable to load packages into your vehicle, ask help from the store they would be glad to help. It’s their job.
When looking at the increasing numbers of reports about violence against women, it is clear that women’s self-defense against men is becoming an important issue in today’s society. There are many products and techniques designed for women’s self-defense against men, from mace guns to judo and assertiveness training. Unfortunately, these things are becoming increasingly necessary, and it is essential to stay informed of the most effective strategies for women’s self-defense against men.
Since more and more women are working overtime and at late hours, extra attention should be given to women’s self-defense against men. Dark parking lots are among the most dangerous places, and it is good idea to walk into a parking lot with a special device, such as a small alarm, whistle or light, or where it is legal, a mace gun or stun gun. The mace or stun guns should not be shaped like actual guns, but should be disguised as cell phones, pens or key chains which can be carried by hand without attracting undue attention.
It is important to principle of women’s self-defense against men always to look straight ahead and always to appear alert. Potential attackers are always on the lookout for women who seem unaware of their surroundings, so give an impression of confidence.
Before opening your car door, always inspect the inside to ensure that no one is there. A portable flashlight can be useful for this inspection. Make sure your car door is always locked, and, if you unlock your car door with a remote control, avoid locking and unlocking the door too far in advance of your entry. This will prevent someone from crawling into your car.
Womens self-defense against men is not always focused on strangers, but, more often than not, an attacker is someone the woman knows. Before making the attack, the person usually stalks the woman to find out her habits and where she is the most vulnerable.
It is therefore a good idea to change your route frequently if you jog or walk for exercise. Be on the lookout for people who are watching your activities and make sure that you are aware of potential dangers. Like fire drills, women’s self-defense calls for identifying potential danger spots, so, as you go through your day, look for those places where a person can easily intrude.
Many strategies for women’s self-defense against men include some kind of martial arts training. Although many critics complain that techniques learned in classes cannot be adapted well to the street, martial arts give women strength and confidence to be able to ward off an attacker.
There are many varieties of martial arts to choose from, and it is a good idea to experiment with several classes before narrowing down your choice. Popular martial arts courses for women’s self-defense against men include:
Tae Kwan Do
Tae Kwan Do is a good choice for women’s self-defense against men, because it emphasizes punches and kicks that can repel attacks. Akido emphasizes throws and joint locks, which are more aggressive techniques to deal with attackers. Kenpo and Karate were developed through principles of aesthetics and spirituality, as well as a mean s of self-defense. Kung Fu focuses on the movements of five animals: the dragon, tiger, snake leopard and crane. Martial arts give the added benefit of physical fitness and self-confidence to women’s self-defense against men.
The most important principle to remember for effective women’s self-defense against men is confidence. If a woman looks and seems aware and confident, a potential attacker is less likely to approach her, because he knows he will be unlikely to succeed. In addition, if she feels competent, she is far more likely to defend herself well and to prevent an attack.